- We know Americans love anything that is French. Eiffel Tower structure and the name Paris is no exception. There are three Eiffel Tower replicas in United States alone. One in Las Vegas, Nevada and other two in Texas and Tennessee, but the Tower in Las Vegas is the most popular one in United States.
- There are about 27 Cities and Towns named ‘Paris’ in United States
- No matter which month or day of the year you go to Paris, you can always visit the Tower as it is open on all 365 days of the year!
- There are about 20,000 bulbs — 5000 bulbs on each side of the tower that glimmer for five minutes every hour. The Eiffel Tower uses 7.5 kilowatt hours of electricity per year. Most of this electricity is consumed by the Tower at night when the gold light illuminates the entire city of Paris
- Isn’t it surprising that Eiffel Tower can shrink up to 6 inches in winter?
Getting married on the Eiffel Tower is not allowed, but you can have a reception in the restaurant on the Eiffel Tower.
- For issuing the tickets, the Eiffel Tower authorities require about 2 tons of paper every year!
- Gustave Eiffel had a personal apartment built for him at the top of the tower which is preserved and can be seen even now
The elevator in Eiffel Tower travels a total distance of 64,001 miles (103,000 km) a year – that is 2.5 times the circumference of the entire Earth!!
- A con artist sold the Tower twice to unknowing buyers in 1925
- The sides of Eiffel Tower below the first platform has the names of 72 prominent French scientists and personalities
Know more Eiffel Tower Facts
If you like this article on Fun Facts about Eiffel Tower, please spread the word by clicking the below button